Pfizer Role(s): Grant Investigator, Grant Investigator, Received: Research Grant.
Novartis Role(s): Grant Investigator, Scientific Advisor (Review Panel or Advisory Committee), Grant Investigator, Scientific Advisor (Review Panel or Advisory Committee), Received: Grant Recipient, Speaker Honorarium.
Andrej Trampuz, M.D.
Borne on June 12,1966 in Slovenia
Current Work Address
Division of Infectious Diseases& Hospital Epidemiology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, CH-4031 Basel, Switzerland
Phone: +41 61 265 38 89, Fax: +41 61 265 38 54, E-mail: email@example.com
- November 2001: Infectious Diseases (FMH Board Exam, Switzerland)
- April 1997: Internal Medicine (Board Exam, Slovenia)
- May 1994: M.D. (State Medical Board, Slovenia)
Current and Previous Relevant Positions Including Academic Appointments
- Since November 2007: Assistant Professor for Infectious Diseases (University of Basel, Switzerland)
- Since April 2007: Research Group Leader (Department of Biomedicine, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland)
- Since September 2004: Attending Physician/Staff (Infectious Diseases, University Hospital Basel, Switzerland)
-Aug 2001-Aug 2004: Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA)
1. Weber WP, Marti WR, Zwahlen M, Misteli H, Rosenthal R, Reck S, Fueglistaler P, Bolli M, Trampuz A, Oertli D, Widmer AFW. The timing of surgical antimicrobial prophylaxis. Ann Surg 2008 (in press).
2. Conen A, Walti LN, Merlo A, Flueckiger U, Battegay M, Trampuz A. Characteristics and treatment outcome of cerebrospinal fluid shunt infections in adults: a retrospective analysis over 11 years. Clin Infect Dis 2008 (in press).
3. Trampuz A, Steinhuber A, Wittwer M, Leib SL. Rapid diagnosis of experimental meningitis by bacterial heat production in cerebrospinal fluid. BMC Infect Dis 2007; 7: 116.
4. Trampuz A, Piper KE, Jacobson MJ, Hanssen AD, Unni KK, Osmon DR, Mandrekar JN, Cockerill FR, Steckelberg JM, Greenleaf JF, Patel R. Sonication of removed hip and knee prostheses for improved diagnosis of infection. N Engl J Med 2007; 357: 654-663. IF = 51.30.
5. Laifer G, Widmer AF, Simcock M, Bassetti S, Trampuz A, Frei R, Tamm M, Battegay M, Fluckiger U. TB in a low-incidence country: differences between new immigrants, foreign-born residents and native residents. Am J Med 2007; 120: 350-356.
6. Schuetz P, Mueller B, Trampuz A. Serum procalcitonin for discrimination of blood contamination from bloodstream infection due to coagulase-negative staphylococci. Infection 2007; 35: 352-355.
7. Trampuz A, Murphy CK, Rothstein DM, Widmer AF, Landmann R, Zimmerli W. Efficacy of a novel rifamycin ABI-0043 against Staphylococcus aureus in an experimental model of a foreign-body infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2007; 51: 2540-2545.
8. Trampuz A, Salzmann S, Antheaume J, Daniels AU. Microcalorimetry - A novel method for detection of microbial contamination in platelet products. Transfusion 2007; 47: 1643-1650.
9. Trampuz A, Piper KE, Hanssen AD, Osmon DR, Cockerill FR, Steckelberg JM, Patel R. Sonication of explanted prosthetic components in bags for diagnosis of prosthetic joint infection is associated with a risk of contamination. J Clin Microbiol 2006; 44: 628-631.
10. Trampuz A, Piper KE, Steckelberg JM, Patel R. Effect of gamma irradiation on viability and DNA of Staphylococcus epidermidis and Escherichia coli. J Med Microbiol 2006; 55: 1271-1275.
11. Trampuz A, Widmer AF. Infections associated with orthopedic implants. Curr Opin Infect Dis 2006; 19: 349-356.
12. Trampuz A, Zimmerli W. Antimicrobial agents in orthopaedic surgery: prophylaxis and treatment. Drugs 2006; 66: 1089-105.
13. Trampuz A, Zimmerli W. Diagnosis and treatment of infections associated with fracture-fixation devices. Injury 2006; 37 Suppl 2: S59-S66.
14. Shuford JA, Piper KE, Hein M, Trampuz A, Steckelberg JM, Patel R. Lack of association of Staphylococcus aureus type A beta-lactamase with cefazolin combined with antimicrobial spacer placement prosthetic joint infection treatment failure. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 200